Sunday, April 6, 2014

We're Gonna Party Like it's My Birthday!

Well it actually is my birthday and I feel like I'm in such a good place right now in my life.
Gone are the days of boyfriends who [possibly intentionally] forgot it was my birthday, or birthdays that were ruined by some other entity in my life vying for all the attention that was clearly designated for JUST ME on my special day. I'll never forget the time I had to abruptly leave a birthday celebration planned by my coworkers, after receiving the "Your son is having a severe asthma attack" call. Birthdays in the past were not a pleasantry, I started to dread them.
 
 
I'm not a selfish person, and normally don't demand too much.. Well that may actually depend on who you ask.. BUT.. I observed the most selflessness compassionate side of my family yesterday.  They collaborated with each other to make things special for me. This included my daughter trekking home from college[a day before, because she had to work], borrowing a car, and taking me out for a lovely lunch. My wonderful husband gifting me with the diamond hoop earrings that perfectly  match my wedding band and 2 additional/sentimental charms for my Pandora bracelet. I enjoyed a delicious cake,  cards, hugs and love. The love is really all I needed. It's fantastic to feel loved and appreciated, not just on your birthday, but on every day that follows..
 
 
 
 Even my Google Search was celebrating my day!
 
 
 
 
 
P.S. The party isn't over.. Still have an adult dinner date with Mr. Parks tonight at one of my favorite spots! XOXO~
 
 

No comments:

UA-26777936-1