Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sparkle*Shimmer & Shine Black Tie Event for a great cause!!

Mr. Parks and I were lucky enough to attend the Sparkle, Shimmer & Shine Gala last evening. This was a special celebration and Tribute benefiting the Achievement Centers for Children. Christopher M. Connor,  Chairman and CEO of my company, was being honored at this event for his generous and significant support of the Achievement Centers, and for his meaningful involvement in and dedication to Northeast Ohio's non-profit community. Chris has been so active in this program and it was heart warming to see the slide show with him visiting Camp Cheerful, and having a wonderful time interacting with the disabled  children and adults that participate.


This tremendous event was held at the InterContinental Hotel & Conference Center in Cleveland, Ohio.


The Intercontinental is a luxurious and posh hotel that is attached to the Cleveland Clinic Foundation and is just miles away from:The Cleveland Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, The Great Lakes Science Center, Playhouse Square, and University Circle.



Mr. Parks and I started the night off right and attended the Cocktail & Hors d'oeuvres hour, inclusive of the Silent Auction, Big Board Auction and several fantastic raffles.



Here I am with my co-worker and friend Melody and her husband. We were enjoying a Cosmotini, they were delicious!

The dinner was excellent, I'm not sure why I missed getting a pic of the table. Our entree consisted of Pan Seared Filet of Beef w/Port Reduction Paired with Wild and Exotic Mushroom Ravioli, Mushroom Ragout, Autumn Mashed Sweet Potatoes and seasonal vegetables. Need I say more?


What a great night, I was thrilled to find my gorgeous dress (I.M.Studio Petite) for $15 (originally $75) and my amazing sequin clutch 2 for $5 (It came with a gold clutch as well). I felt like a million bucks!


Take a look at Mr. Parks! We attend several black tie events during the year, and the cost of one rental was actually more expensive than buying the tux and having it tailored He looked amazing.


The socialites, muah!


Smile Mr. Parks!


Open your eyes Mrs. Parks!


Oh! Much better. You can see the detail that I loved on this dress.



I almost went with a matte silver pump, but opted for black, instead.


The Dapper Mr. Parks.


Great night, great benefit, smiles all around.


Good Night!



Let's have a great start to the week. We will be attending the Compassion From Fashion Event this Saturday @  Beachwood Place. Can't wait!


18 comments:

HUMANITYISBEAUTIFUL said...

so elegant and posh! you two make a beautiful couple :)))

Style4Curves said...

I love the color of your dress and u guys are a beautiful couple!
www.style4curves.blogspot.com

Stacey Kay said...

You look hot in that purple dress! I'm so excited for Compassion from Fashion! Do you have your tickets yet? I'm posting a discount code on my Examiner column tomorrow. (Examiner.com/Cleveland). Thanks for the follow and all your lovely comments! Now following back!

Goodwill Huntingg
Best casual boots on a budget - $50 and under

The White List said...

That's so nice! Looks like a fantastic event too!!!

Jerrica said...

You guys look great. Wonderful event I love to see positive life changing organizations.

De,

Fashion Nostalgia

Wait Until The Sunset said...

oh lovely! You look beautiful and what a gorgeous couple! :)

Olivia :) x
Wait Until The Sunset

JustPatience said...

You looked very beautiful. Love the purple dress.

Patience
Enter my Giveaway to win a $118 Bracelet:
J-Crew Pave Bracelet Giveaway

Jadore-Fashion said...

You look so elegant! Love the mean mugging pictures--too cute!

xoxo
Stella

Fashion Pad said...

I love the color of that dress. Good choice! And your makeup looks fab!

Economy of Style said...

So sophisticated and chic. I can't wait for pics from the next event!

Nika said...

beautiful pictures, you both look great. I love the color of your dress.

Kassi said...

I love that dress. The color just glows on you! :) You look hot!

http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

hi, rebecca. you are such a pretty woman. love what you are wearing - great color. :) i am your newest follower. :)

cheers
jasmine
adamalexmommy.com

Clara Turbay said...

i like your ideas and the style of this blog.

Check out mine i let me know what do you think about?

http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

Allegra said...

lovely post!

Prissy said...

Love your dress! The color is amazing! You & your hubby look so cute together

Prissy

Unknown said...

cool event...wow

WWW.ZAGUFASHION.COM
ZAGU FACEBOOK PAGE

LyddieGal said...

You both look so polished! I love the detailing on your dress.

Chic on the Cheap

UA-26777936-1